Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows AIR 3 sound quality observations
(28-Jul-2016, 01:52)hk6230 Wrote: I am one of the lucky one who can test both Mac and Windows versions. However, lately I've been busy preparing to move to Malaysia that I have not much time listening to my system.

One major advantage of Windows version is that it can play DSD64 materials. Together with FW10.0.2, AIR3.0b sounded good in my setup. More clarity, wider and taller soundstage, more accuracy of instruments separation.

When you played DSD did your Devialet show that? No matter how I sett the settings I get DSD to PCM conversion and my Devialet shows 176.4kHz when I play a DSD song in Roon.

However no problems with noise or anything with AIR3 on Win10 so far.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows AIR 3 sound quality observations - by octaviars - 28-Jul-2016, 06:47