Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought a second D200 to go along with my D400
(15-Aug-2016, 12:00)deviousalet Wrote: The SPDIF-AES connection was initially recommended by Devialet even for connecting two amps. Devialet provides instructions for terminating your own cable that way on their support site. At this point many other companies make such cables, or you can buy an RCA/AES adapter to try it out. You'll find much information about such things on this forum if you look for it.

I tried bi-amping my B&W 802N, but preferred the sound of using my D400 in dual-mono. I thought about what you're trying, but thought that to get real gains in sound quality I'd have to bypass the B&W crossovers (using the Devialet filters as an active crossover) and use all three D200 in stereo mode (to drive the tweeter, midrange, and bass sections). I'm interested in what you find though, so please keep us posted.

Ignoring the question of bi-amping, what if I just want to strap together 3 D200s to make a 600 W/channel amplifier? It seems relatively simple to configure this, except for the question of where I draw the speaker outputs. Normally, we draw each channel from one of the amplifiers, but when we have three, do we leave the  middle one out?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bought a second D200 to go along with my D400 - by srima - 15-Aug-2016, 13:11