Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer audio for a dummy D200 owner
(27-Aug-2016, 04:05)tof Wrote: Many thanks !
Should I conclude that Air software installed on the computer allows to spare a digital streamer box (such as Linn DS or totaldac D1 server for example), or are there further advantages adding those (expensive) devices?

Ahhh - now it begins  Big Grin

In theory, AIR will bring whatever sound your computer is making into your D200, either wirelessly or via the network cable, depending on your set-up. However, there are many many reasons and opinions as to why the sound coming straight from your computer will not sound as good as that which is processed via a streamer. Some people will say that iTunes itself will not give the best SQ, while others believe that a Linux box sounds better than a Mac, using the appropriate software. 

AIR is free! My advice is start with what you have, and see how it goes before Audiophilia Nervosa takes a hold. You could spend every penny you have in the quest for "better" sound, but I use Roon software running on a little NUC costing a couple of hundred pounds, and today, I am enjoying SQ beyond my wildest dreams. I don't believe that adding a streamer would be the best bang for the buck right now, but others may disagree Cool
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

Messages In This Thread
Computer audio for a dummy D200 owner - by tof - 26-Aug-2016, 22:53
RE: Computer audio for a dummy D200 owner - by Zappydev - 27-Aug-2016, 07:16