Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction with D400 and B&W 800D
(14-Oct-2016, 10:43)Soniclife Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 23:37)dbilling64 Wrote: Ive been using REW to analysis whats going on in my room as I've been trying out various acoustic treatments. Overall I've got a significant improvement in SQ, but I'm also quite puzzled by the results I'm getting with SAM.

I'm running 10.0.5 on O d'A's through Sasha 2's.

The green trace is with SAM set at 100%, the purple is with SAM on but set at 0%. It's interesting how, at least in my room, SAM@100% it creates a huge subsonic peak around 15hz.
Is that a near field measurement?

The measurements are taken from the listening position using an omnidirectional microphone.

This is a new area for me. I'm fascinated by the results, including how the measured results have varied significantly as room treatments have been added and the direct correlation to a positive improvements in my perception of sound quality - as well as the sceptic and naysay in our household (my good lady wife) who has been very impressed with the results

I'll also declare that I'm a novice in this area and most of my engagement has been to email files to an expert who I'm relying on to interpret the data and advise on room treatments and positioning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet

Messages In This Thread
Room correction with D400 and B&W 800D - by dbilling64 - 14-Oct-2016, 16:23