Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet Expert Firmware Archive
(02-Mar-2022, 14:10)Drifter Wrote:
(02-Mar-2022, 12:56)sutradhaar Wrote:
(02-Mar-2022, 11:54)Vivialet Wrote: Hi,
I don't think your issue is related to the firmware. For me it sounds like a Wifi problem. I think the D-Premier is only using Wifi with 2.4 GHz. Check your Wifi router, maybe you can select a different channel or place the router nearer to the Devialet. Also check the signal strenght. Wifi was working fine on the D-Premier for me with every firmware.
Also make sure that you are using Roon AIR and not the Devialet implementation. If installed remove the Devialet AIR driver.
Thanks @Vivialet for your prompt suggestion.

Yes, the D-Premier is using 5GHz (surprisingly) with around 55db signal strength. I have a robust Netgear router that is around 10 feet away from the D-Premier. Also, on my router, I've set the bandwidth priority for D-Premier has the highest.

I did try using the mac version of Devialet Air initially but found it buggy, so uninstalled it & now using Roon Air.

The other alternative I have is to go for a ethernet -> AES out transport to fix the issue, if at all wifi is the real culprit.

My Martin Logan 60XT speaker has 4ohm impedance. Could that be an issue ?

I did not know that the D-Premier had a 5Ghz radio installed. Far as I can remember 5Ghz was only introduced with the PRO upgrade, an improved wifi board was part of the benefits.

What brand/model router do you use? My Devialet hated my Apple AirPort Extreme.
Hi Drifter

I use Netgear's Nighthawk X8 R8500 router. 
Even I didn't expect D-Premier to have 5GHz board, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw on the Router Config's Connected Devices list where the D-Premier shows as connected to 5GHz band while some of the other devices shows up under 2.4GHz band.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by gray - 29-Aug-2016, 14:14
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by Joey - 14-Oct-2016, 06:08
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by Thor - 14-Oct-2016, 17:47
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by Thor - 08-Mar-2017, 18:11
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by Axel - 27-Jan-2018, 14:26
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by Axel - 24-May-2020, 10:01
RE: Devialet Expert Firmware Archive - by sutradhaar - 02-Mar-2022, 14:22