Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get streaming to work to my D400
(03-Sep-2016, 00:33)srima Wrote:
(02-Sep-2016, 15:06)Antoine Wrote: Most people get it working easily, it just keeping it working without hickups or white noise that's difficult.

Basic troubleshooting, did you try to get it working without Audirvana first?

Excellent point. Actually, I just tried using vox, and voila', it plays back fine using AIR on the D400. So, clearly AudiNirvana Plus is busted. Glad I didn't waste any money on this software, and was just using the trial version. 

Not sure the audio quality is as good as streaming from my Vortexbox using Logitech Squeezebox. I seem to hear some distortion occasionally. I'll try it for a longer time period and see how it goes.

I played a track of the 24-bit version of the Beatles (originally released on a USB stick that looked like an Apple). Within one song, my wife said: can we please listen to the LP, instead??? 

Played the LP on the $100 Technics linear tracking turntable with an el cheapo cartridge. Blows the 24-bit version of the Beatles, hands down. The music erupts into life, voices are present and staggeringly real, and the music has real dynamics again. The 24-bit version sounds lifeless in comparison.  Either AIR is completely broken, or the remastering of Beatles in digital sucks (which I believe). 

My first LP bought 30  years ago was Beatles Love Songs (brown cover with beautiful insert of all the songs). Still have this LP all these years later. The sound is just to die for.

Oh when will we get a decent digital remastering of the best rock group of the 20th century? Don't the folks at EMI have any ears?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot get streaming to work to my D400 - by srima - 03-Sep-2016, 00:52