Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uptone LPS-1 goes on sale am today - California time.
With the release of the microRendu I expected the same raving reviews but overall that didn't really happen. It's mostly the same people responding now and I believe that if the LPS-1 didn't live up to expectations we'd know. It's true people are happy with Uptone Audio but I wouldn't call them disciples. I too think Uptone deserves a lot of praise in the way they handle about every aspect of bringing a product to market and even more so if the products themselves really deliver as well.

I haven't ordered one Hifi_swlon! Big Grin But you indeed know I'm crazy enough to do so if reviews are good especially when they compare to the current PSU I'm using. I'd even use the PH as a "feeder supply" Wink

All other things being equal; where the LPS-1 differs to more traditional linear PSU's (discrete like the PH or Sonore Signature or using of the shelf three pin voltage regulators) is of course the "never connected to AC" part, killing all possible loops. The FPGA's are merely needed to control the charging/bank switching process and for providing safeguards.

Competition is on its way BTW. Vinnie Rossi (who's been using ultra caps much longer) is also readying standalone ultracap PSU's "PURE-DC-4EVR: the MINI and the MEGA)". These are going to be much more powerful as well. See all the details here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=145402.0
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uptone LPS-1 goes on sale am today - California time. - by Antoine - 14-Oct-2016, 14:29