Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down sample DSD128 to DSD64 or convert to PCM 24/192?
(20-Feb-2017, 21:57)Devialetuser Wrote:
(20-Feb-2017, 20:58)Antoine Wrote: Oh my...listened to the 30s sample on my iPad Pro but I think I prefer the Youtube version of the original over that audiophile nonsense...the sax on track 1 sounds like it's recorded in a very small room or recording booth.

But I guess the Youtube version doesn't pass the "doze off test" Wink (http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...2#pid58162)

For absolute impartiality and fairness  why not buy just Track 5 from the album. Sit down in your comfy chair, dim the lights and let it play. Look forward to your opinion. You would be surprised at the variety of music that passes the doze off test Smile . The more complex the arrangement the better, get all the neurons firing.  As for the above track its really good, and exactly what I would enjoy listening to.

I had this album playing in the background (my listening room is adjacent to my study). Just went and sat down and thought wow! Checked Roon, and yes it's track 5!

Actually the whole album is utterly spellbinding. SQ is off the chart. So real.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down sample DSD128 to DSD64 or convert to PCM 24/192? - by GuillaumeB - 21-Feb-2017, 15:18