Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY New-B Thread
(11-Nov-2016, 18:41)CDLehner Wrote: I'm sure there are a-plenty; and I know part of netiquette, is not to be redundant.

But I need to ask my own questions, follow-up and filter the information...in my own way.

So...here goes:

Long-time, box-swapping, seps guy; finally took the plunge and reco, of some friends who were just like me...and picked up a 200 on the way out.

So...I guess my 1st question, of many; as I get ready to dismantle...my trusty ARC seps, and put the 200 in its stead: is...what are some of the options, for controlling direct streaming?

In other words: I have an AAM (Auralic Aries Mini), that I plan to run digital out...as my source, to start. But...if/when, I decide to stream direct to the 200; I guess I need a "media-server"...like JRiver, or I've heard it's Roon ready, etc.?

Also...for the AAM; USB-out, or Coax s/pdif the way to go?

Thanks,
CD

In MHO Roon and Coax s/pdif the way to go, you will have the best of both worlds
Best media server and best input to the Devialet.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
MY New-B Thread - by CDLehner - 11-Nov-2016, 18:41
RE: MY New-B Thread - by BrianT - 12-Nov-2016, 02:20
RE: MY New-B Thread - by baddog - 12-Nov-2016, 07:32
RE: MY New-B Thread - by CDLehner - 12-Nov-2016, 19:14
RE: MY New-B Thread - by baddog - 12-Nov-2016, 21:57
RE: MY New-B Thread - by CDLehner - 13-Nov-2016, 18:18
RE: MY New-B Thread - by baddog - 13-Nov-2016, 19:12