Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Significant difference in volume
I'm very fond of my new Phantoms. 
However, I have noticed a significant difference in volume between the speakers. The right one is clearly louder. The strange thing is that I have switched the speakers and/or channels, and even then had substantially higher volume from the right speaker. This must mean that there is'nt something wrong with the speakers themselves. Unfortunately I do not see that it is possible to adjust the balance in the Spark app.
Of course I have rebooted the system several times - the same result. Support at Devialet has now urged me to take power from the same outlet to see if it makes any difference. Should check this out later today.
Can anyone please explain why that technically could have significance to take power from the same outlet.
I just now did what Devialet support suggested. I took the power from the same outlet power strip.

I was extremely hesitant about this proposal. You know what? It changed everything. Now it is exactly the same volume of both speakers and a perfect sweet spot in the middle. Now I just wonder why ???
Oh i have to try this tonight. I also find the volume unbalanced. Thanks for the tip.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Hi Wolf,

Did you move the Phantoms when you reconnected them to the same outlet?
Can you exclude that room acoustic could be the reason of this effect?
This is in fact a major bug if it's a common problem. Did you send a bug report so Devialet could make a sw fix?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Yesterday i placed my dialog on the same powerstrip as my both phantoms and the diverence in sound is huge. It's sound much better.

Everthing was and is playing by PLC and i did not use any (power) filtering.

I would suggest to everyone, just try it
(26-Nov-2016, 10:30)Johnnydev Wrote: Yesterday i placed my dialog on the same powerstrip as my both phantoms and the diverence in sound is huge. It's sound much better.

Interesting! 
Did you have the Dialog and the Phantom's on different circuit breakers before the change?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Nov-2016, 11:59)ragwo Wrote:
(26-Nov-2016, 10:30)Johnnydev Wrote: Yesterday i placed my dialog on the same powerstrip as my both phantoms and the diverence in sound is huge. It's sound much better.

Interesting! 
Did you have the Dialog and the Phantom's on different circuit breakers before the change?

No
(23-Nov-2016, 09:10)Krisp Wrote: Hi Wolf,

Did you move the Phantoms when you reconnected them to the same outlet?
Can you exclude that room acoustic could be the reason of this effect?

I did'nt move the speakers, just put an extension cord from the same outlet.
Yes, I can totally exclude the room acoustic. Room acoustics always has an impact on how sound is perceived. But not to the degree in this way.