Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any independent or non-biased (owner) review of the upgrade?
(19-Nov-2016, 21:02)Hifi_swlon Wrote: There was the Jeff Fritz review of the 1000pro where he compared to the 200 and essentially said two things; it was hard to tell them apart with certain music, and the 1000Pro was up there with the very best.  (Sorry can't remember where it was posted but it's here somewhere)

As above I wouldn't trust reviewers opinions anyway - who knows what their biases or incentives are.

There were a few people on here that either had reservations about the upgrade or flat out didn't like it, but yes the overwhelming opinion is it's better. How much better will depend on certain factors like how much £3K means to you, and how much better it sounds to your ears. I doubt a magazine review will help you much there.

Personally I prefer trying to find people that post more impartially here, and using their ears as my guide. Beyond that it's a demo or take a gamble, knowing the feedback here is on your side. Or just rely on expectation bias Smile

I haven't been able to find a dealer that has the new line in stock...seems odd to me.  Here in Vancouver, BC, Canada we have two dealers and neither have them in stock.  I was in Europe in the last few weeks and the dealer in Vienna, the city of music, didn't have them in stock either.  Odd.
Thought Jeff Fritz's review was somewhat sloppy and not up to his more usual rigour. The source was less than stellar among other issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any independent or non-biased (owner) review of the upgrade? - by Wdw - 20-Nov-2016, 17:42