Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the consequences for not upgrading to pro?
(22-Nov-2016, 10:00)Cylob Wrote:
(22-Nov-2016, 00:42)Antoine Wrote: Devialet doesn't share its future plans/doesn't have a public road map so it's all speculation.

1. Firmware: no. Devialet OS: yes
2. Yes
3. No one knows. Only uPnP has been officially announced. It will not become available for non Pro models.

2. They might still add new features to the old models. Imo they should.
However they did promise new features to be added in june this year, but that never happened.

As I've to compare mine to a PRO yet I'll stay with my D200 as I assume it not to be as far away SQ wise.

But as you can see in this video  ( http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...-end-2016/ ) there is the next ADH-Generation released in the Phantom Gold still on hold for the Expert-Line. So it might be best to invest into the following generation of Experts when this 'All In One' chip (including their own D/A conversion) is build in into the Expert-Line. It's the same as with mobile phones. Jump over two generations and you have the best invest. Though if the money invest doesn't hurt you, go for the latest.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the consequences for not upgrading to pro? - by yabaVR - 22-Nov-2016, 11:56