Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
Wow, great question and discussion!   Yes, I've been a self-proclaimed audiophile for 40+ years and have always loved whatever system I've had.  But honestly, I'm also quite guilty of periodic bursts of the upgrade itch.  I'm definitely of the person #2 persuasion, but occasionally guilty of small bursts of foolishness and I've got a closet full of  cables and tweaks to prove it.  Overall, however, I believe that advances in technology and design have made substantial improvements in sound quality not only possible but within financial reach for those of us fortunate enough to appreciate it. 

Devialet has certainly contributed to that.   I was able to replace a very nice amp, preamp, phono preamp, DAC and a bunch of cables with my Expert and actually came out ahead financially.   In 40 years of upgrading, that has happened exactly once!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM???? - by mdconnelly - 01-Dec-2016, 14:18