Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
After a few recent tweaks and alterations, I can join this thread; yes, I am 'amazed'. That may not be the most relevant adjective, but I am happier than I have ever been with the sound I get from my audio system.

I purchased a Wyred4Sound modified Sonos Connect and it is a revelation. A huge improvement over the stock Sonos Connect in terms of ease, grace, and a more natural sound. Then I added Nordost Purple Flare power cords to the Connect and the Sonos Amp that drive the kitchen in-wall speakers. Again, a very nice improvement from the power cords, mostly in the leading edge of notes- sort of a PRaT thing. Then I settled on a Nordost Blue Heaven coax cable (after trying Kimber and others). I'm not a Nordost fan necessarily but this seemed the best fit in my system (and it was seriously on sale). I would never have believed a silly coax cable would make a difference, but yes, it did.

Result; the best sound I've had from my system. Lively, dynamic, tonally-rich and secuctive. More equipment shopping? Nope, not for a while. I'm staying right here with my pizza-box, funky cables and lovely Lawrence Audio speakers.

So, regarding the thread topic: unqualified yes.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM???? - by Damon - 13-Apr-2017, 02:30