Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
I've been the happy owner of an Expert 120 combined with the Atom GT1 for over 2 years, and do definitely enjoy this combo. I do still LOVE the sleek design of the amp as well as of the speakers, and yes, the sounds does still occasionally blows me away. Whether it is when playing some LP records (Clearaudio Concept Wood), especially jazz ones or those with strong vocal presence... Considering that it's only a 120 with no dedicated card to handle the analog input from the LP player, I'm probably even more impressed!

I used to have a much larger (and "visually intrusive") set up when we were living in Paris (Denon AVR 3802 + JBL columns and speakers) combined with a video projector, which did great despite a very challenging living room configuration.
The move to the 120 occurred after we moved to a much smaller place in NYC, and proved to be just spot on. 

My experience with Devialet hasn't been flawless, I've been pissed off at the WiFi interference to the point where I had to disable it, struggled to find proper documentation for some configuration changes, etc. But overall, as a Frenchman living in NYC, I would just see it as a very French experience...   Rolleyes

by the way, I just found out that the latest firmware (10.xx ?) allowed getting WiFi auto-shutoff when LPs are played... I guess it's time for me to look back at the Air think (and get pissed off again Cool )

Cheers mates, and thanks to all contributors to this very informative chat!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France

Messages In This Thread
RE: R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM???? - by ArnoNYC - 01-Apr-2018, 15:23