Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff
Strange. What I got from the review is that the guy is over the moon about how much fun he had listening to the Golds. And since having fun is the quintessential reason for this hobby (If you're in it for any other reason; get out!) this is one of the best reviews I've read in a long time. We're not picking parts for the next space shuttle here. We're talking about something to have fun with. And from what I get the Golds provide a lot of fun for those who own them. Keep the ABX testing for the important stuff in life, like medicine, and keep the fun factor for sound systems.

To give you guys some insight into where I'm coming from; I do my listening on two very different systems. My Od'A and Dynaudio C1's at home. Perfectly set up over many, many hours. And my iPod and Shure SE215 in ears at work. Due to my working arrangements I get to listen to the iPod more than my home system. Still I get as much enjoyment out of the iPod as out of my home system. I get goose bumps from the music. Not from the perfect (What is perfect anyway?) sound quality.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by xga - 03-Dec-2016, 04:34
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 03-Dec-2016, 11:37
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 03-Dec-2016, 11:20
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 03-Dec-2016, 13:14
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 03-Dec-2016, 21:38
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 05-Dec-2016, 08:00
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 04-Dec-2016, 10:42
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 09-Dec-2016, 01:58
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 10-Dec-2016, 00:37
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 10-Dec-2016, 05:24
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 15-Dec-2016, 12:16