Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff
(03-Dec-2016, 22:05)NickB Wrote: I find it quite interesting that Devialet get castigated for only using measurement to design their products, so obviously they are wrong for doing that. However a reviewer who does not use measurements is wrong as he only uses his funny flappy bits of flesh on the sides of his head.

Or could it possibly be that he enjoyed them that is jarring to certain people?

I feel this comment is solicited due to mine so I'll clarify my standpoint.

As with any Devialet owner and enthusiast, I "want" the Phantoms (gold/silver/white) to turn the market upside down. And if the golds are for "audiophiles", I'm sure most audiophiles will need to quantify their performance with actual test measurements because this is the standard for how other audiophile gear is reviewed and tested.

It's nothing new that many of us want "reviewers" to take actual test measurements against the Phantoms as people who may not already be familiar with the product can truly understand how they stack up compared to other produdcts in the market.

I dont believe we've seen such a review against the white/silvers yet. Let alone golds.

So from my standpoint as a stereo silver Phantom owner, I have no doubt the golds are superior to the silvers since we've discussed the golds in detail already. But how do you express that to an "audiophile" who hasn't already experienced the white/silver models? Then explain how much better the golds are? It'll take more than subjective commmentary is all I'm saying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by xga - 03-Dec-2016, 04:34
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 03-Dec-2016, 11:37
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 03-Dec-2016, 11:20
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 03-Dec-2016, 13:14
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 03-Dec-2016, 21:38
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by ogs - 05-Dec-2016, 08:00
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by kameraguy - 04-Dec-2016, 05:06
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 04-Dec-2016, 10:42
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 09-Dec-2016, 01:58
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 10-Dec-2016, 00:37
RE: Gold Phantom review - Steve Huff - by Pim - 10-Dec-2016, 05:24