Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions?
(22-Oct-2014, 14:52)Mikeeo Wrote: I like the Giyas but only heard G1 and G2, very nice transducers.
But I would prefer stand mounts due to risk of loading the room with low freq.

My room only has 20m² and even the G2 works perfectly. I guess this is due to the special bass construction with side mounted drivers. Works much better than some stand-mounts I had before. (Piega, Focal). I think it is a fairytale that stand-mounts work generally better in small rooms than floorstanders...
Much more important is a good control and precision in the bass region.
(23-Oct-2014, 14:00)Vivialet Wrote:
(22-Oct-2014, 14:52)Mikeeo Wrote: I like the Giyas but only heard G1 and G2, very nice transducers.
But I would prefer stand mounts due to risk of loading the room with low freq.

My room only has 20m² and even the G2 works perfectly. I guess this is due to the special bass construction with side mounted drivers. Works much better than some stand-mounts I had before. (Piega, Focal). I think it is a fairytale that stand-mounts work generally better in small rooms than floorstanders...
Much more important is a good control and precision in the bass region.

Hi,

Well if I get the opportunity to test I will. I didn't completely rule out floor standers but they better sound like a monitor with added bass weight.
At the moment any that fit my ear and room is interesting. Wife is more for stand mounts. However we said that we will treat the room acoustics before any new speaker though.

Cheers/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Had the 126 for over a year now (b4 the D400 arrived)... amazing speakers.... can't really go back to 'boxes' now... but they're still not SAM-supported (a considering factor)...but then again they're truly GREAT as is! I'm a happy camperBig Grin

[Image: qph5bt.jpg]

[Image: 15nogmg.jpg]
[Image: 16lz4w1.jpg]
(20-Nov-2014, 18:58)vertex1 Wrote: Had the 126 for over a year now (b4 the D400 arrived)... amazing speakers.... can't really go back to 'boxes' now... but they're still not SAM-supported (a considering factor)...but then again they're truly GREAT as is! I'm a happy camperBig Grin

I must say I love the look of those!

Can you tell us a bit more about the other non-Devialet components in your audio chain?

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Nov-2014, 18:58)vertex1 Wrote: Had the 126 for over a year now (b4 the D400 arrived)... amazing speakers.... can't really go back to 'boxes' now... but they're still not SAM-supported (a considering factor)...but then again they're truly GREAT as is! I'm a happy camperBig Grin

Lovely looking system and I bet it transmits great music!

These speakers def crossed my mind as a possible pair though I never heard this generation only the first which I liked a lot. However at the moment I have my eyes set on a pair of Graham Audio LS5/9 and the forthcoming LS5/8. The LS5/9 is one of the top 5 loudspeakers that I had the pleasure to listen to since I got into this 'business'.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Can definitely recommend the Focal Diablo Utopia's on their own stands. Best stand mounters I've ever heard, and great looks also. Different league to what I had before, the B&W PM1. Bad pic, I apologize Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you like the Vivid sound then I wholeheartedly recommend the B1. I have a pair with a Dev 200 and they sound fab. I contacted Devialet about getting them SAMed and they are supposed to be done before the end of the year.
(21-Nov-2014, 17:43)chrish Wrote: Can definitely recommend the Focal Diablo Utopia's on their own stands. Best stand mounters I've ever heard, and great looks also. Different league to what I had before, the B&W PM1. Bad pic, I apologize Wink

My dealer has been on my back for these speakers for a long time and says these should 'fit' my taste. However the brief encounter I had with these didn't hit the spot with me but that could have been due to the surrounding equipment.
Perhaps I will let my dealer get a pair for demo.

/Mike
(22-Nov-2014, 00:11)Mikeeo Wrote:
(21-Nov-2014, 17:43)chrish Wrote: Can definitely recommend the Focal Diablo Utopia's on their own stands. Best stand mounters I've ever heard, and great looks also. Different league to what I had before, the B&W PM1. Bad pic, I apologize Wink

My dealer has been on my back for these speakers for a long time and says these should 'fit' my taste. However the brief encounter I had with these didn't hit the spot with me but that could have been due to the surrounding equipment.
Perhaps I will let my dealer get a pair for demo.

/Mike

Personally think they're awesome, but they take a long long time to break in. Only issue I have with them. I could understand that some may find them a little bright when partnered with the wrong gear. With the Devialet though, they sound great.
No mention of the KEF LS50 yet...these are also SAM'd and sound amazing on the Dev 250.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50