Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions?
Hi All so far responders and many thanks for the input!

I like the Giyas but only heard G1 and G2, very nice transducers.
But I would prefer stand mounts due to risk of loading the room with low freq. I can survive without the last octave and rather have tight, dynamic and resolved base/bass a bit up in the freq. The Oval range didn't really struck a cord with me.

I actually had a listen to the Accordo before the Mythos M1 (which was quite better than the Accordo but at more than the double price).
The Accordo was a very nice loudspeaker and I feel that you would never have listener fatigue. Fantastic balanced behavior but I missed the last freedom on top and ability to leave the loudspeakers (like the Mythos M1 did). I listened to both with D400.

About the SF, I just didn't like the midrange reproduction as it was forced and stood out compared to the rest of the freq range, but I also felt it was slightly underpowered by a 200. Actually the midrange of the Amati Futura that I tested at the same time had the right balance and sounded more like a small monitor speaker.
The Raidhos had to stand so far out in the room to be balanced that I would never be able to place them in my home. The also were a bit on the dark side (despite the Nordost internal cabling) otherwise superb dynamics and the bass response I liked too.

Keep your suggestions coming please!

Cheers/Mike

(22-Oct-2014, 14:34)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Oct-2014, 14:24)pether Wrote: Hi Mike,
I can really recommend the Franco Serblin Accordo, they sounds fantastic with Dev200.
They will also have SAM support soon Big Grin
Cheers /Peter

I can only imagine they will sound even better with the D400! Big Grin

Another alternative worth considering might be the Wilson Audio Duette 2. When I last heard them I actually thought they sounded better than my Sophia 3s which I owned at the time.

Guillaume
G,

I also like Wilson a lot and always had a keen eye to the Duette 1. Sophia 3 is a big favorite and not to mentioning the Sasha. Didn't listen to the new Sasha, or is it out yet?
To compare, I would prefer in most areas Amati Futura to the Sophia 3 but it is a close call, Sasha would take them both. I could live with both sound signatures.
Still didn't listen to the Duette 2's but I now realize I have to, thanks for the suggestion.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions? - by Mikeeo - 22-Oct-2014, 14:52