Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom D200 sales advice needed
Selling to move on, ie; D'Agostino. Reluctant to modify existing unit further/differently as I'm left with little more than future explanation and quantifying at a sale down the road. No benefit to going back to OEM as once modified there's no unringing the bell in this case since upgrading isn't a consideration on my part. This is far from just reinstalling a few original parts modification! Wouldn't fool Devialet or anyone else! Think of the PEMectomy, non-magnetic fasteners, stand-offs et al, thermal sheeting, soda blasting, Furutec IEC inlet, speaker binding posts, anodizing and ventilation. Even if successfully accomplished it would just sound worse than it does today, run warmer with an accompanying shorter electronic component life expectancy and additionally be even "more" modified since I would divulge its entire history regardless... not my nature to withhold that kind of info by omission.

Far better I'm truthful, stand behind my claims of improved SQ over OEM performance to new buyer, offer the remaining factory 3.5 year warranty, take $500-$1k hit and go peacefully into the night.. Its a philosophy that's served me well for decades.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Manoet - 14-Dec-2016, 22:29
RE: Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Manoet - 18-Dec-2016, 18:16
RE: Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Axel - 19-Dec-2016, 04:09
RE: Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Axel - 20-Dec-2016, 03:03