Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz / Tidal / iTunes
Qobuz sublime, on an annual subscription, costs around 220 Euros. You only get higher than CD quality streaming for those high resolution digital files you have purchased (at a considerable discount for most labels). Qobuz has to be the first choice of classical music fans - which I am. I also currently subscribe to Tidal, purely because the streaming is more reliable than Qobuz given my poor quality broadband connection. I will probably discontinue my Tidal subscription when the broadband is improved.

On principle, I refuse to have anything to do with Apple Music as Apple has resolutely set their face against providing high resolution music or even providing the software and hardware that can fully deal with it. The latest example is their non adoption of later versions of Bluetooth in the current iPhone models, which is now standard in nearly every other mobile device on the market. I was once an iTunes/iPhone user expecting at some time they would upgrade their audio - it appears they have no plans to do so. Why should people, for whom high quality music is important, continue to give business to this company!

Messages In This Thread
Qobuz / Tidal / iTunes - by Xander - 03-Jan-2017, 11:31
RE: Qobuz / Tidal / iTunes - by Will - 03-Jan-2017, 13:55
RE: Qobuz / Tidal / iTunes - by Pim - 04-Jan-2017, 11:18
RE: Qobuz / Tidal / iTunes - by Hifi_swlon - 04-Jan-2017, 16:41