Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Master Audio has gone Live
(08-Jan-2017, 08:10)octaviars Wrote:
(08-Jan-2017, 05:35)Dr Tone Wrote: I wonder the price will stay the same?  I've read mention that this free to hifi subscrbers is an introductory thing.

I also belive that the price will go up if you want to use "master" album but it is a bit strange not to say what the cost will be, hard to see that Tidal will give us this for free in the long run.

It's a bit hard to predict. As it stands now Tidal is the only one with MQA and they can charge a nice premium for their offering. But Pandora are now talking about going into 'High Res' too so who knows what competition is around the corner. With more competitors in the market it will be hard to justify a higher rate. 

As it stands now I'm already effectively paying twice as much because I'm only home half the time to enjoy the service but if the SQ is really good I would probably happily pay a bit more.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Tidal Master Audio has gone Live - by Dr Tone - 05-Jan-2017, 16:20
RE: Tidal Master Audio has gone Live - by Pim - 06-Jan-2017, 10:26
RE: Tidal Master Audio has gone Live - by Pim - 06-Jan-2017, 10:42
RE: Tidal Master Audio has gone Live - by LeeC - 06-Jan-2017, 20:01
RE: Tidal Master Audio has gone Live - by Pim - 08-Jan-2017, 09:21