Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(15-Jan-2017, 13:04)Confused Wrote: I'm not sure what forums Womaz is reading, but World War 3 has broken out over MQA over at 'Computer Audiophile'.  It's fair to say it's controversial!
You're not wrong! I just read / glanced at 10 pages, from page three (MQA on Tidal introduced) to page thirteen. There's only one guy who says it sounds great. All the others are discussing DRM, lossy format and other technical stuff. Not even one person says he listened to it and thinks it sounds bad. Nothing about the sound quality  Huh
Do the good people on Computer Audiophile actually listen to music or are they too busy looking at their monitors to make sure they're getting all their ones and zeros in order?
I'm stuck in the Australian desert for a few more days. That's why I set up the 'how do you find the SQ of Tidal MQA' poll. I'm interested in how it sounds. I can understand discussing how to get it to work / work better or whether it's worth the money but after all is said and done, your ears will be the best judge on whether to keep it or give it a pass. 
I'm looking forward to Wednesday when I can finally have a listen myself. Plug my new toy (3R USB) in and try two new things. I might just try them both at once and if it sounds good, not even worry about where the improvement comes from. Just enjoy the music. Sounds like a great plan.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Pim - 16-Jan-2017, 11:18