Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating 440 with Cinema
(10-Jan-2017, 15:48)teddlesdee Wrote: Bit concerned about the comment " you may find increasing it too much will induce hiss" and "Heat can also be a concern with not enough current coming in from the Anthem"
Sounds like a bit of a 'Cludge' though? Yes there is a db gain on the Anthem, but not a lot, and not enough on its own to overcome the issue. There is also another factor here, and I am not sure of the answer, in that if you up the gain on the Anthem manually for the fronts significantly, would this create an issue when using Anthems room correction/ balancing software when setting up the room, i.e. is there a danger of the fronts running out of automatic adjustment of needed!

Although not recommended, I did think of avoiding all this fuss, and just wiring the Anthem directly to the fronts also, knowing that I would only be using Cinema or HiFi separately, ie. the other would be switched off! - but I am guessing this could mess up stuff if both accidentally were on! Pity there was not a manual hi-fi grade speaker switch I could employ! ...but then there is the problem of the SUB!!!!

Gawd!

Lowering the voltage setting on that analog input tells the devialet to use a little more power in the output to get the volume up because it's not receiving as much signal as it needs.  The lower you go  on that setting the harder the power amps is working and will run hotter as to be expected.

If you don't lower the voltage setting in the Devialet and tell the anthem to crank the level up for the mains the signal to noise ratio lowers and could cause hiss.  Your Anthem might be better than my Pioneer Elite was in this regard.

It's a balancing act. You'll want to watch input meter on the Devialet it will tell you if it's near clipping the A/D converter or not.

Edit: I forgot the setting is in db when doing bypass mode unlike a normal analog input. You can take my voltage advise and apply the same logic in reverse I guess.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
Integrating 440 with Cinema - by teddlesdee - 10-Jan-2017, 15:03
RE: Integrating 440 with Cinema - by Dr Tone - 10-Jan-2017, 15:10
RE: Integrating 440 with Cinema - by Dr Tone - 10-Jan-2017, 16:16
RE: Integrating 440 with Cinema - by Confused - 10-Jan-2017, 16:28
RE: Integrating 440 with Cinema - by Dr Tone - 10-Jan-2017, 16:45
RE: Integrating 440 with Cinema - by Confused - 10-Jan-2017, 16:48
RE: Integrating 440 with Cinema - by Dr Tone - 10-Jan-2017, 18:19