Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Avantgarde - has anyone made this pairing work?
Hi. After several months I am still not getting this to work and would really appreciate any help on what to do. I have searched and searched - but found almost nothing talking about horn-devialet pairing. My Devialet 400 and Avantgarde Uno XD pairing (with Ayon CD-T transport) sounds absolutely magical at low volumes (the sort of sound level you get with 2-3 people talking in a room). But as soon as I turn it up to a 'medium' volume, the sound becomes harsh and impossible to listen to. I absolutely never turn it up loud (i.e. party) - it's just horrible. I have played a lot with cables (including the 200-200 interconnect that is talked about in the forums) and don't believe there is anywhere else to go with these in so far as solving the problem is concerned. And I have done the tweaks mentioned on the forum about turning down the power to the speakers. (to 30, 60, 100W) - none of them solve the problem. So, I'm stuck. Has anyone got a wonderful pairing Devialet-AG, and if you have, please can you tell me how you did it?
Or if you have a theory as to perhaps it being something to do with the Devialet 'shifting' technologies as the volume goes up (???) I would really love to know what you think?

Thank You
P

Messages In This Thread
Devialet and Avantgarde - has anyone made this pairing work? - by peterdevialet - 28-Jan-2017, 13:21