Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Avantgarde - has anyone made this pairing work?
http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/a...de-uno-g2/

Quote:

"Power
I was already informed by Jan that the Unos don’t work very well with most solid state amplifiers and that the less Watts an amp has, the better. Another friend with the same speakers had already tried the Pass Labs XA30.8, Rowland 625 and Devialet 120 and while the Pass worked best of the bunch, none of them delivered real magic. Having tried the Unos with my 150 watt Rowland model 6 power amps, I can confirm that the result is sadly unflattering. While the Rowlands portray admirable resolution and refinement, and were actually quite a bit more subtle than the Viva Verona XL triode amps, they somehow sound flat and uninspiring with the Unos. The same was true in an earlier experiment with the Devialet 120 hybrid class A/class D amp: superb finesse and low level detailing, along with impressive smoothness and flow, but somehow still lacking expression and dimensionality, imaging in the depth plane falls flat."
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Devialet and Avantgarde - has anyone made this pairing work? - by peterdevialet - 28-Jan-2017, 13:21
RE: Devialet and Avantgarde - has anyone made this pairing work? - by iamwappie - 28-Jan-2017, 23:13