Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torus Power Isolation Transformers (getting a RM 16 or upgrading to Pro)
(18-Feb-2017, 07:17)Sharone Wrote: Yes, i also agree that Isolation Transformer has a positive effect on Devialet Expert amplification, apart from using good power cords. I am using one with improved dynamics, lower noise floor etc.

By the way, is Torus trans fully balanced? I remembered it is not, but not sure for all the designs.

I have listened to a Devialet with a big PS Audio mains conditioner, I thought this had a very negative impact on dynamics.  In you post above, you state you are getting improved dynamics.  I presume you are referring to the Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner per your signature?  I am thinking that products like this are very system specific in how they work.  It is not an area in which I have any kind of expert knowledge, but if dynamics matter, what type of mains conditioning works from a technical perspective, and works well with a Devialet?  I'm sure Devialet amps can be quite demanding with respect to peak loads?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Torus Power Isolation Transformers (getting a RM 16 or upgrading to Pro) - by Confused - 18-Feb-2017, 11:50