Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker advice upgrading from Kef ls50 ($2000-4000)
I've only heard the LS50's once. It wasn't on a good system and they we're on a shelf with a bunch of other speakers so not ideal at all. But what I came back with was that they are a really nice sounding speaker so paying twice as much might not give you so much as an upgrade but more a change in sound.

Can you tell us what you're missing in the LS50's that you're looking for? That might give us all some idea.

The list of bands seems pretty good. I would add Magnepan to the list. You'll probably beat the LS50's with a pair of Magnepan MG's or 1.7's and have money left over.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaker advice upgrading from Kef ls50 ($2000-4000) - by Pim - 15-Feb-2017, 10:55