Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp
(10-Dec-2014, 23:05)mojojojo Wrote: Still not managed to get a dem of the 200.Shop waiting to get one in either from devialet or their other shop who are too busy with dems of it to loan it out.In the meantime they gave me a loan of a naim 282/supercap/250.2.That's been quite an improvement over my Einstein. More detail and height in the soundstage.Does anybody know how the 200 compares to the naim setup?

Hi, I'm a long-term Naim customer and used to own NDX/XPS/HiLine/282/ HICAP/200. I had a home demo of a Devialet 200 back in June and it was immediately clear that it bettered my Naim amp in every way. The Devialet is far more neutral, and resolves far greater levels of detail providing much better insight into the music and better defined soundstage. Individual instruments are easier to follow, lyrics are easier to understand and the bass extension and control is significantly better. There was no loss of PRaT. and the Devialet doesn't buzz annoyingly. Naim don't really major on soundstage until you get up to "500 Series" level (552/500) so I think you'll find that the Devialet is better in that respect as well.

I've listened to the 282/Supercap/250 combination many times. It is a good amp but costs twice as much as a Devialet 200 and although I haven't done a direct comparison I doubt that it would better it. I was considering moving to 282/Supercap/300 but after I heard the Devialet rapidly changed my mind and saved myself the best part of £10k. My local dealer has been selling Devialet for about 9 months and I think all the amps he has sold so far have gone to Naim customers. I don't think he has any customers who have moved the other way.

Perhaps your dealer is trying to up-sell to you Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp - by PhilP - 11-Dec-2014, 00:04