Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp
I
(30-Jan-2015, 18:50)gtiboy Wrote: I tried the analogue inputs using an NDS and the sound did change a bit (more warmer sounding) and although there was no loss of detail retrieval, I preferred the sound of it's digital inputs. 

I compared the NDX digital and analogue outputs through my Devialet a few weeks ago and also found more 'warmth' from the analogue output but there was a lot less detail from the NDX analogue output compared to the digital out.  This coupled with your observations would make sense as the NDS DAC clearly delivers a lot more detail than that of the NDX.

Why analogue out is 'warmer' I'm not sure - maybe Naim have voiced the output of their streamers to deliver their 'house sound' ? 
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp - by PhilP - 30-Jan-2015, 19:01