Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp
(30-Jan-2015, 19:01)PhilP Wrote:
(30-Jan-2015, 18:50)gtiboy Wrote: I tried the analogue inputs using an NDS and the sound did change a bit (more warmer sounding) and although there was no loss of detail retrieval, I preferred the sound of it's digital inputs. 

I compared the NDX digital and analogue outputs through the index a few weeks ago and also found more 'warmth' from the analogue output but there was a lot less detail from the NDX analogue output compared to the digital out.  This coupled with your observations would make sense as the NDS DAC clearly delivers a lot more detail than that of the NDX.

Why analogue out is 'warmer' I'm not sure - maybe Naim have voiced the output of their streamers to deliver their 'house sound' ? 

Well first of all the NDS has a fully isolated internal layout, including it's optical and analogue inputs, hence why I feel the detail is virtually the same as it's optical output (When listening through the Devialet 240). As for it sounding warmer, you do kind of hear the Naim sound coming through but that's held back some what due the Devialet DAC imposing it's own sound.

Messages In This Thread
RE: D120 or 200 vs Einstein absolute tune hybrid amp - by gtiboy - 30-Jan-2015, 19:20