Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excessive heat and long term performance
(12-Nov-2014, 21:27)Wdw Wrote: Hello All,
Was talking to a local stereo dealer (he was a Devialet dealer in the past) about the 200 and he expressed concern about the excessive heat the units can generate and had concerns as to the long term performance of the unit.
Would anyone can to comment or share their perspective. Am getting closer to purchasing a 200 which would replace my Berkeley Alpha Generation 1 / Levinson amplifier, etc..
Thanks,
Warren

Hi, I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Devialets typcially run warm to the touch but that's because the case is used as a heat sink. Few amps actually tell you what the internal temperature is and it would probably be a surprise to know how hot they're running - I mean, how hot do valve amps run!. My 200 rarely gets above an indicated 45 degrees and I often play my system LOUD. Devialets come with a five year warranty as well.

If you want to know more, there's a whole thread on this forum about it which you can find through the search function.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excessive heat and long term performance - by PhilP - 12-Nov-2014, 21:41