Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome finish deterioration ?
Till now I didn't experience any problems. I bought the D-Premier (chrome polished) over two years ago. 11 months ago I did the upgrade to the 250. It came back nice and shiny; the fingerprints were polished away at the occasion. I don't touch it anymore since, there's no reason to for me. I do use a very light plumeau to get rid of the dust, once a week.

There is another thread about keeping your Dev in good shape: http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Cleaning-the-Devialet

From the Devialet helpdesk:

Quote:How to clean your Devialet product
Both the amplifier's body and the remote control is made of hand-polished solid aluminium with a layer of copper and nickel. The delicate surface is sensitive to finger acidity and grease. We recommend that you regularly clean the surface with the supplied cloth. If marks or stains are persistent, you may want to use a soft cloth moistened with alcohol or a window cleaning product.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL

Messages In This Thread
Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Flashman - 20-Nov-2014, 14:26
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Charlemagne - 20-Nov-2014, 17:29
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by f1eng - 20-Nov-2014, 21:08
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Antoine - 20-Nov-2014, 21:41
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Antoine - 21-Nov-2014, 19:17