Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome finish deterioration ?
I do not own a D-anything but I never touch any equipment with bare hands. I keep a pair of white cotton gloves on my equipment rack. I never have to clean grease or salt off of my black equipment. When I sell equipment I get comments from the buyers that it looks like I never used the item.

I also have special tools for dusting.

I find it easier and more satisfying to keep equipment free of contamination rather than have to remove it.

(20-Nov-2014, 21:41)Antoine Wrote: I guess they clean it the wrong way, or don't clean it all.

https://help.devialet.com/entries/234072...et-product

Quote:How to clean your Devialet product

Both the amplifier's body and the remote control is made of hand-polished solid aluminium with a layer of copper and nickel. The delicate surface is sensitive to finger acidity and grease. We recommend that you regularly clean the surface with the supplied cloth. If marks or stains are persistent, you may want to use a soft cloth moistened with alcohol or a window cleaning product.

This text above BTW is written for the original silver colored D-Premier. I believe the new Devialets have an improved coating and of course also the black chrome layer.

Messages In This Thread
Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Flashman - 20-Nov-2014, 14:26
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by f1eng - 20-Nov-2014, 21:08
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Antoine - 20-Nov-2014, 21:41
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by bentrider - 21-Nov-2014, 17:47
RE: Chrome finish deterioration ? - by Antoine - 21-Nov-2014, 19:17