Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users of the AES/EBU input and cables
Interesting to read that no-one here seems to know that the RCA connector itself isn't 75 Ohm at all. There's a bit written about it on the Blue Jeans cable web site (sorry, due to the slow internet here at work I can't open it to copy a link) From what I remember reading the RCA connector has the wrong inside and outside diameters to make it true 75 Ohm. They sell a Canare connector that's built to be as close to 75 Ohm but not right there. So the real question here should be; What impedance is an RCA connection? Dodgy

This brings me to the Crystal Cable. It's definitely NOT a 75 Ohm cable looking at the size of it so without hearing it i would say it sells on the 'enormous change in the sound it makes' when all it really does is loose ones and zeros because of the impedance mismatch on both sides of the cable. And maybe that's why some on this forum have had better results with 'true 75 Ohm' cable (or near enough)
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Users of the AES/EBU input and cables - by Pim - 23-Nov-2014, 01:31