Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(01-Jan-2020, 07:12)Snoopy8 Wrote: Been going through the Uptone EtherREGEN listening impressions thread and this thread to collate impressions. Been subjectively grading the posted sound quality improvement as "big", "some" and "no" and only for posts where the user identified the DAC. Of the 44 posts, 34 reported "big" improvements, 7 "some" and 3 with "no" improvements.

Devialet accounted for 6 out of 44 posts, with 5 of us (Dutch, desert38, rdok, JohnnyDev, Snoopy8) reported "big" improvements and Confused with "some" improvements.  4 of the 5 PSA DirectStream owners reported "big" improvements, 1 with "some".

Of the 3 with "no" improvements, one was from AmirM at ASR, evolvist was using a Linn KDS/3 and wwc was using a Lampizator DAC w/300b tubes

Hope this gives you a good representation of the impressions which have been posted.  If you are a Devialet owner, suggest giving the EtherREGEN a try (with 30 day money back guarantee). You may be surprised on what it can do!

Good overview. The results really don’t surprise me given that in theory the problem Uptone wants to address with the ER seems to make sense. The whole idea around an isolated domain reminds me of the initial Melco „Player Mode“ approach which made quite a splash in the Audiophile community. I also feel that the perception spread from big to little change fits to the Hans Beekhuyzen review mentioned in a previous post. The overall impact of the ER is certainly proportional to the quality/configuration of the existing network environment and the audio equipment within.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by baconbrain - 01-Jan-2020, 09:35