Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soundstage Ultra Devialet 400 review.
It all depends on the qualities of your power supply really and I guess the earthing arrangement of the equipment. I got a nice improvement with balanced PSUs -sufficiently large portable ones, not a massive in-house thing - but it wasn't huge and ultimately I felt the size/bulk of the things outweighed the improvement. I still have one actually and might give it another go.
It was the Entreq grounding box, specifically Tellus and up on the Devialet that really cracked the supply problems I had, and I already have dedicated spurs, consumer unit, earth rod etc. My feeling is the chassis-bonded earth design on the Devialet has issues & the Entreq system works round this somehow. I've played a lot with Linn Klimax gear which is earthed the same way and figured you can change the entire sound of any of their components - DS especially by simply torquing the chassis bolt where the earth is bonded to. There's heated arguments on this subject on DIY audiophile sites.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soundstage Ultra Devialet 400 review. - by Rufus McDufus - 01-Dec-2014, 19:01