Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(11-Dec-2014, 10:42)Confused Wrote: @Mikeeo - It's quite a long list when you look at it, Configurator issues, the infamous white noise, poor information on the website, not much about SAM (other than the commercial stuff), poor information on the dual mono digital link cable, poor information regarding streaming, USB vs AIR performance, plus many more.

For me, I have sent Devialet a number of correspondences regarding the technical issues and have spoken to them directly. Typically their responses are very guarded. It's almost like they think that if they don't admit to the issues then they won't exist, so they try to pretend all is ok. I do wonder if with the expansion into China, implementing SAM, the work they have been doing on whatever Phantomrising is and so on, that resources have been very stretched recently.

Ever the optimist, I am hoping that with the work for the new "Phantomrising" product done, then maybe the pressure will ease in the Devialet ranks and we will now enter a period where all these issues will be sorted out.

For me, I have now kind of given up for a while. I have stopped trying to use slave inputs, I have a workaround for my white noise issues. So although not fully optimised, I have a system that works, and sounds good. I'm just going to enjoy the music, and patiently wait for Devialet to sort themselves out. I just hope I don't have to be too patient!

Confused,

I try to have your patient approach but I recently discovered my self in not enjoying my music moments as much as before and the only conclusion is my grudge against Devialet. I need to refocus into some positive energy Smile

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(11-Dec-2014, 10:42)Confused Wrote: Ever the optimist, I am hoping that with the work for the new "Phantomrising" product done, then maybe the pressure will ease in the Devialet ranks and we will now enter a period where all these issues will be sorted out.

I hear you Confused, but actually the #PhantomRising thing makes me worry even more. if indeed it turns out that it is going to target the masses then i do not see how the workload will be less for Devialet to sort all the open issues we have here.

I am genuinely worried that if they embark on a mass market approach they may forget about the audiophile niche that gave them the initial support, because simply in the grand scheme of business it will be a small slice!!!

may be i am the pessimist here!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I do hope the guys from Paris occasionally read this forum....,
(11-Dec-2014, 16:08)Confused Wrote: I do hope the guys from Paris occasionally read this forum....,

Obviously they don't Wink

In the history of marketing, standing on two different legs never worked out and I feel Devialet is in this situation. Lifestyle or audiophile(neard)?

Regards/Neard
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I have configuration files for D800 with the following inputs:_
Master
Air labelled iMac
Default MM input (I use a matching transformer with my MC cartridge) labeled Goldmund.
Ethernet
USB
bypass input labelled TV
AES labelled Mimesis 36+
SPDIF labelled Control 15
Optical 1 labelled A&K 240
Companion
Analogue input default gains, labelled Lynx Theta
Sub output with maximum gain (my sub has to live with 109dB/watt mains)

Anybody wanting use of these input (or less I don't use the ethernet or USB myself) is welcome to a copy of this config which works fine here. The biggest limitation would you would have to change your wifi network name and password to mine...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(11-Dec-2014, 18:56)Mikeeo Wrote:
(11-Dec-2014, 16:08)Confused Wrote: I do hope the guys from Paris occasionally read this forum....,

could be off topic, or maybe not Smile but the guys at Panerai including the company CEO are active on paneristi.com , the leading unofficial Panerai forum. I wonder if Devialet guys could learn something from thatSmile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(12-Dec-2014, 07:07)amabrok Wrote:
(11-Dec-2014, 18:56)Mikeeo Wrote:

could be off topic, or maybe not Smile but the guys at Panerai including the company CEO are active on paneristi.com , the leading unofficial Panerai forum. I wonder if Devialet guys could learn something from thatSmile

The other one to look at of course is http://forums.linn.co.uk/ where Linn employees and management regularly participate. They've even had "Ask the engineers - Live Q&A" sessions: see http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=28170

Also check out: http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Products

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Being new here I apologize if it's obvious but who is the "owner" of this forum? Could they reach out to Devialet and make a suggestion to have someone log in from time to time...maybe once a week and dedicate a special subforum to questions for them?

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
..and it continues...

I just wanted to make a new config for the arrival of the Raidho X1 AND, once SAM is chosen it can't be reversed, why? After having the SAM enabled it is no longer possible to configure the remote or the 'basic' settings, why?
I am not sure but I think others had the same issue. Is there a way around this? What will the remote settings be if SAM is chosen?

Keep on smiling/Mike
(13-Dec-2014, 12:51)Mikeeo Wrote: ..and it continues...

I just wanted to make a new config for the arrival of the Raidho X1 AND, once SAM is chosen it can't be reversed, why? After having the SAM enabled it is no longer possible to configure the remote or the 'basic' settings, why?
I am not sure but I think others had the same issue. Is there a way around this? What will the remote settings be if SAM is chosen?

Keep on smiling/Mike
Mike you can reverse SAM profile to none by clicking on the speaker which is already selected in the configurator. This way it acts like a toggle and will set SAM to none

Dubai, UAE