Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone with D120 could help me?
I don't know it it is network dependent but I haven't noticed any problems. Both the Antipodes and the 140 are connected via a Netgear ethernet switch which then connects to my network via ethernet. The Antipodes and 130 are both in the same rack and connected to the switch via Audioquest Vodka ethernet cables. It will be interesting to see if I notice a difference once Devialet issue their Roon Ready update. I wasn't aware of that advice from Devialet and I just started streaming DSD over Roon Air once I had ripped the SACD layer of some of my discs. It worked, it sounded good, and better than the previously ripped CD layer from the same discs, so I just kept using Roon Air.

That advice from Devialet may have been issued before Roon implemented the Air protocol in their software so there may be a difference between how successful DSD is over Roon Air than it is over Devialet Air. Since I'm running Roon server software on the Antipodes rather than on my Mac, I don't use Devialet's Air app so I can't tell if that would make a difference but it may because there seem to have been quite a few reports that Roon Air works better than Devialet's own Air app.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Anyone with D120 could help me? - by ufnv - 25-Aug-2018, 17:12
RE: Anyone with D120 could help me? - by ufnv - 25-Aug-2018, 20:14
RE: Anyone with D120 could help me? - by ufnv - 26-Aug-2018, 11:48
RE: Anyone with D120 could help me? - by ufnv - 27-Aug-2018, 10:09
RE: Anyone with D120 could help me? - by David A - 28-Aug-2018, 00:39
Anyone with D120 could help me? - by LBameule - 28-Aug-2018, 02:38