Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past, present and future of music, some thoughts
I agree with a lot of Confused's summary and also with the feeling that little that's new has emerged since the late nineties. Certainly it's difficult to identify any significant new trends in 'classical' music though maybe it's the nature of things that these won't be apparent for a few decades at least. There may also be an 'age factor' involved - perhaps today's teenagers/twenty year olds know what's new and I don't.

In my opinion popular music is Much too dependent on yesterday's aged stars releasing re-mastered versions of 30-40 year old recordings, compilation albums etc. together with a few current megastars. it's easy money for the music companies and far less risky than experimenting with new talent.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Past, present and future of music, some thoughts - by PhilP - 03-Dec-2014, 21:14