Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Devialet Remote for iOS
Arup,

I'm glad you got it working. I've been running the network connection to my 140 CI with DHCP set to On because I've never managed to learn the ins and outs of manual network settings and I've never had any issues with that though I had more than my share of problems getting a working wifi connection while I was using an Airport Extreme. I eventually got a reliable connection by buying a second Airport Extreme, locating it next to the 140 CI, and connecting the amp to it via ethernet so the wifi connection was between the 2 Airport Extremes and I was using the ethernet input on the amp. I could never get the amp's wifi input to work for more than a few minutes at a time. I finally got it working after swapping from the Airport devices to an Orbi network.

It's a long time now since I used a Time Capsule as my wifi router but I was still using it when I swapped to using an Airport Extreme and I do seem to remember finding out how to stop it acting as a wifi router and how to use it purely for Time Machine backups over ethernet. Perhaps you should look at trying that as well since you're using the Orbi network for wifi. I've come to accept that removing the Airport devices from my network was a big step forward for me.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with Devialet Remote for iOS - by David A - 05-Oct-2018, 08:19