Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
(27-Nov-2018, 21:06)K4680 Wrote: Hi, the PS audio distribution means:

There are many factors and variables that determine this, so I can not give you exact numbers. What I can tell you is that the fans will rise to 40-50 degrees Celsius or 200-300 watts. Factors such as the heat in the room and the air circulation can influence this. Shy

I assume those numbers refer to the internal temperature of the P12 and the power it's outputting.

According to the photo in post #2, Arup's P12 is putting out 70W and 0.72A which is 8% of maximum load. Mine is currently putting out 50W and 0.25A which is 4% of load (the difference in the watt/amp relationships in our output is no doubt due to the fact that Arup is in the US and running on a 110V system while I'm in Australia running on a 230V system). Both of us are well under that 200-300W draw figure you suggest so heat generation from within the P12 is highly unlikely to be a problem for us. Heat in the room could be, especially when my room temperatures hit the mid 30s which they can during the day in summer heat wave conditions. I think I might get a chance to test that possibility out within the next 3 months, probably more often than I'd like.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by David A - 27-Nov-2018, 22:36