Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
As my signature shows, I have PLC between my MacBook Pro running the Roon server and my D220 pro ci.

Given my network condition, I have a bit shy of 200Mbps between Roon and the D220, and despite only listening to 44/16 material, it happens from times to times that I have the dreaded “An audio file is loading slowly”.

I know the general consensus that the problem resides in the Devialet, however, after extensive trial, the only thing that resolves the problem for me is to stop the server and restart it.

So the root cause may be the network handling in the Devialet, but I would not be surprised if Roon does have its part of responsibility, something along the lines that the mishandling in the Devialet is triggering a faulty behavior in Roon.

Bottom line, my crossing my fingers so that the next manifestation for me is not before a few months.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Jean-Marie - 27-Feb-2022, 11:38