Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(31-Mar-2019, 05:40)audio_engr Wrote:
(30-Mar-2019, 23:09)mdconnelly Wrote:
(29-Mar-2019, 22:43)mdconnelly Wrote: I suspect that if the transfer from Roonserver to Devialet is 100mbps, all will work.   I've yet to hear from anyone that is successfully playing Roon RAAT to Devialet at gigabit speed with hi-res content, yet Devialet says it works for them.

Tomorrow I will receive a 100mbps switch.  I'll switch my PC running Roonserver back to gigabit speeds to router and put the 100 mpbs switch in front of the Devialet which should mean 100 mbps between router and Devialet.    We'll see if that works.  

Sure wish Roon Labs would weigh in...

OK, Roonserver PC reset to 1 gbps network speed.   Unplugged my ethernet Cat6a cable from my Expert Pro, plugged it into a cheap ($9) 5 port 10/100 ethernet switch and then put a short cable between switch and my Devialet.    Works like a charm even with 192kHz, 24Bit music files.    Take out the new switch and plug the original ethernet cable back into the Devialet (e.g. running 1 gbps network), dropouts and error resume.

So it appears that the machine running Roon Core does NOT need to be using a 10/100 network speed, but the Devialet does.   This is still a hack but it's only $9 and it works.    Not sure if there really is a downside to doing this (short of it simply being a problem that needs to be fixed).  Best of all is it allows me to go back to running the PC running RoonServer at gigabit network speed which helps greatly with backups and file transfers.

I'll post to the Roon forums as well...

Interesting ...   I use a Roon Nucleus plugged straight to my 440-Pro using AQ Diamond Ethernet and so far, I haven't had an occasion with error / dropouts. My internet is Verizon Fios 1 gbps.

@audio_engr - You are the only one I've heard from that says they can stream hi-res music to their Devialet over gigabit ethernet using the new Roon RAAT protocol.   
A few questions...

1) You say you have your Nucleus plugged directly into the 440 Pro.   So where is the ethernet run to your router?    Does the Nucleus have two eithernet ports? 
2) Are you running Rock on your Nucleus?  (sorry, I'm not that familiar with the Nucleus).  If Rock, do you have a way to see what the ethernet adapter link speed to the Devialet is?
3) What router are you using?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 31-Mar-2019, 14:03