Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(31-Mar-2019, 14:03)mdconnelly Wrote: @audio_engr - You are the only one I've heard from that says they can stream hi-res music to their Devialet over gigabit ethernet using the new Roon RAAT protocol.   
A few questions...

1) You say you have your Nucleus plugged directly into the 440 Pro.   So where is the ethernet run to your router?    Does the Nucleus have two eithernet ports? 
2) Are you running Rock on your Nucleus?  (sorry, I'm not that familiar with the Nucleus).  If Rock, do you have a way to see what the ethernet adapter link speed to the Devialet is?
3) What router are you using?

Answers:

1) Yes, the Nucleus is plugged directly into the Ethernet port of the 440-Pro using AQ Diamond ETH. 
- The Ethernet run for the Nucleus to the Router is a separate CAT6 ethernet cable. The Nucleus has 1 RJ45 port & 2 USB ports. 
- The RJ45 port is used for the AQ Diamond direct connection to the 440-Pro. 
- 1 of 2 USB port is used for the Ethernet run to my Router using an Apple RJ45 to USB dongle. 
- 2 of 2 USB port is used for an External Hard Drive with my music files on it.

2) Nucleus runs Roon Core & ROCK OS. { please see attachment below for more details }. There's no way to see the speed. 

3) My Router is Netgear Orbi Satellite [AC3000]

[img][https://ibb.co/mHmphW3][Image: IMG-0458.jpg][/img]
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by audio_engr - 31-Mar-2019, 17:29