Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
When I started digging, I figured the problem was one of 3 possible:

1) Roon's problem
2) Devialet's OS/Firmware problem
3) My home network problem (router or cabling)

At this point, I'm fairly confident it's not an issue with my network.   Since Roon RAAT seems to work fine on all other endpoints, my ever-so-clever deduction is that it is NOT likely a Roon problem either which leaves... a Devialet problem - hopefully one that can be solved via an OS/firmware update.   My guess is that Roon is being quiet waiting for Devialet to fix it (just as they were ever so quiet waiting for Devialet to integrate the Roon RAAT capability.   But, I can't let Roon off the hook because their testing did not reveal this problem (which, in and of itself, is quite surprising).

Be that as it may, slowing my ethernet to 100 mbps to my Devialet via a $9 switch is both cheap and effective.    I'll leave it to Roon & Devialet to slug out the proper fix (but I probably won't be able to resist nagging them occasionally if they don't ;-)  Tongue
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 01-Apr-2019, 21:15