Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(16-Apr-2019, 22:21)mdconnelly Wrote: That's what really puzzles me.... some people have this problem, others do not.   Perhaps it is router related (or perhaps some just lead better lives than others ;-)

I'm confident that someday, somehow, Roon and/or Devialet will own up to what's going on and release a solution. (they will... right?  right? ;-)

OK, I'll throw a cat among the pigeons  :-)

I've said before here that I haven't had the problem. I was running Roon on an Antipodes DS which was connected to my 1140 through a Givabit Netgear switch. I was playing PCM files up to and including 176.4/24 and DSD 64 without having the error once. Everything was working perfectly for me.

I replaced the Antipodes DS with a Roon Nucleus+ and changed nothing else. The network connections remained totally unchanged. The result remained totally unchanged for the 8 days from last Tuesday until today (Wednesda), everything worked perfectly with no problems occurring whatsoever.

Today I changed the network connections and set things up as audi_engr has been doing: Nucleus+ connected to the network via a USB to ethernet adapter connected to one of the USB ports and to the Devialet by ethernet cable connected between the ethernet ports on both devices. The Roon Ready input on the 140 came up, I started playing a file ripped from a CD, just your normal 44.1/16 resolution, and I immediately got stuttering followed by silence and the error message about an audio file loading slowly within 3 seconds of starting to play that album.

I reverted to my previous connection through that switch and have played a couple of CD resolution files since then with no problems.

The router doesn't appear to be an issue, the server in all of the situations above has always been connected to the same router with no changes to network settings. I accept that there has been an issue with a gigabit ethernet connection to the Devialet with 192/24 files but I've had no problems with files up to 175.4/24 or DSD 64 which are the highest resolution files I have while I made the connection to the Devialet through a gigabit switch with no speed limiting but the moment I directly connected to the 140 from the Nucleus+ I got the problem and I got it with a CD resolution file.

To quote Bob Dylan, "Something is going on but you don't know what it is, do you Mr. Jones". I don't know what's going on.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 17-Apr-2019, 09:41