Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
Here's my story & also holds good for @David A

I bought my Roon Nucleus some 8 months back (replacing my Macbook Air) and @David A got his Roon Nucleus+ about a month back. Ever since I got my Nucleus, I had set it up direct to my 440-Pro CI using Ethernet via an Audioquest Diamond ETH cable. When @David A got his, he asked me how to setup his Nucleus+ to his Devialet 140 using the Direct Ethernet method and I told him how I had done mine. He too was able to setup easily and things went about all good till a few days back, David sent me a long message saying that our Roon Servers were connected to the Devialet over WiFi and not the Ethernet as we had wished it was.

David worked very hard for a few days and managed to setup his Nucleus+ using 'manual IP settings' which he then copied into the Devialet's configurator as a static setup and fully reinstated the DIRECT Nucleus+ Server to Devialet Ethernet connection. I too followed David's instructions and last evening was able to get mine going. 

Yes, we are using the gigabit internet connection on the Roon Server and directly streaming to our respective Devialets. The proof of this is that the Amber/Orange LED on the RJ45 socket of our Roon Server is constantly lit thus indicating true gigabit internet speed.

I MUST TOTALLY DEDICATE THIS POST TO @David A for relentlessly working hard to first - notice the mistake we were doing and then - crack it to correctly reinstate it. Thank you! @David A 

New Observations [after reinstating the gigabit ethernet connection direct to the Devialets].

1. The entire bass line (low freq) took a huge leap with great definition and correct pitch of the low notes. It also added "dimension" so much so that spaciousness developed within the music that also helped to add more clarity from botton-to-top of the entire frequency range. 

2. Midrange definition is now much superior.

3. True 24/192 files play brilliantly and also sound devastatingly good ..  Smile

4. Neither of us so far experienced 'any dropouts' or 'the audio file is loading slowly' issues. 

5. Absolutely no issues streaming with TIDAL or QOBUZ. 

6. No issues to stream and play 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/176.4, 24/192 and also DSD files.

I am sure @David A will add his bit as a post soon here.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by audio_engr - 17-May-2019, 06:00