Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(20-May-2019, 19:46)thumb5 Wrote:
(20-May-2019, 19:14)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(20-May-2019, 18:27)thumb5 Wrote: @daniel.avasilichioaei - it looks as though your E2200 Ethernet adapter supports offloading some TCP send processing to the hardware.  Do you have "large send offload" enabled for your adapter?  If so it would be interesting to turn it off and try your tests again.  Just thinking aloud here...

@thumb5 - Yes, I have multiple "Large Send Offload", all enabled (this is the default value). I also have multiple other "Offloads", also all enabled (or "Rx & Tx Enabled"). Which ones should I disable for retesting?

Note:
During my test, these settings were not changed, they were the same for both 100/1000 Mbps.
The issue is the same (at least his effect) when using connection is Roon Core - Devialet via router and another network card (Intel). This one also have "Offloads" enabled.

I'd suggest disabling all the Large Send Offload options, along with Jumbo Frame and both TCP Checksum Offload options to be on the safe side.  If they have Rx and Tx options it's the Tx ones we're interested in.  If that changes the behaviour then we can perhaps narrow down which are significant.

Thanks for indulging me; I hope this is not a waste of time!

@thumb5 - I made the test: same result/issues. I made a second test after I disabled all options containing "Offload", but it doesn't help: the issue is there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by daniel.avasilichioaei - 20-May-2019, 20:19