Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(21-May-2019, 12:45)thumb5 Wrote: @David A - another possibility is that there are differences between the hardware, such as different revisions of the Ethernet PHY or even the processor on the Core Infinity board.  Thinking aloud (again) these might result in subtle timing changes that tip the balance between Gigabit Ethernet working reliably and not.

@thumb5

That's a possibility but I have to wonder about how likely it is. They started upgrading Expert Pro's in late November/early December 2017 and they had to have bought enough boards to handle the number of upgrades expected (ie the number of Expert Pros they had sold up to then) plus expected new production for a reasonable period. It's unlikely they were buying boards in small runs, they would have made a bulk purchase to cover upgrades plus production for a period simply in order to keep their costs down and all boards from that bulk purchase are likely to be identical. It's unlikely revisions or changes to the hardware would have been made during the run.

There's a fair chance that nearly all of us on Devialet Chat with CI machines are using boards that came from the initial run that Devialet took delivery of, almost certainly all of us who had our amps upgraded with the new board are. I think the odds are that there are no differences in the hardware, at least for most of us. If there are differences then I'd say the people with the different hardware would be those who had their amps upgraded closer to February this year when the Roon Ready update came out, or people who bought new amps close to that time and that those of us who have the "original" hardware versions are those of us who had our amps upgraded with the new board or who bought new amps in the months after the upgrade process started.

If we asked the question, I suspect we'd find that there would be no relationship between when people with or without the problem had their amps upgraded or bought their amp and whether or not they have the problem.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 21-May-2019, 22:14